CV is Important - Part Four
Common Mistakes in CV writing
Use the checklist below to ensure you don’t make them too!
- Spelling mistakes and Incorrect use of Grammar
- Using American English when applying for English companies
- Inconsistent use of style and fonts
- Using first person language “I did...”
- Cut and pasting Job descriptions
- Generalisations such as “Great at problem solving”, but not demonstrating how this was applied with a practical example
- Never lie on a CV, you will be caught out and your reputation is at stake
- No logic to the flow of the CV. Sometimes, people put important information at the bottom of each role and hope that someone will read through it to the end.
Connect with us on our social media platform.
LinkedIn – iPlan Myfuture